Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

PR 1.1 Successfully Flashed

After some hesitation, I attempted the flashing of my Nokia N9 to get to the PR 1.1 release. I realised the first time that I flashed it, I actually flashed my phone with my existing firmware! That's what happens when you rush things. My phone version was not available in the list so after some googling, I was able to confirm that I could use another variant.

What version? To see what version your phone is, check behind your sim card tray. I had 059L698 which is "059L698: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Australia AU Black 16GB V1".  I used the "059J241: RM-696 NDT AUSTRALIA BLACK 16GB" which had the PR 1.1 available. The NAVIFIRM file I needed was "DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_LEGACY_005-OEM1-958_ARM.bin".

After following the other instructions in the previous post, the phone was successfully flashed to PR 1.1.

Effect of PR 1.1? Not much seems to have changed except Swype is now available as an extra keyboard on the N9. You will need to reinstall all your applications but your personal data should remain in tact. More later..

No comments:

Post a Comment